Sinclair Gore Curriculum Vitae
MA(Cantab) MD FRCS(Plast) PGCME PGDip(Aesth)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education, Univ. of Bedfordshire, July 2011
- Intercollegiate FRCS(Plast), March 2010
- Postgraduate Diploma Aesthetic Surgery, Queen Mary Univ. London, Sept. 2009
- M.D. in Skin Oncology Molecular Biology, Univ. London, Sept. 2008
- M.R.C.S., Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2001
- M.A. Cantab., 1998
- U.S.M.L.E. examinations, 1998
- M.B. B.Ch., University of Cambridge Clinical School, 1996
- B.A. Hons (Cantab), Medical Sciences, 1994 (Part II – Neurosciences)
- 2010 – 2011: University of Bedfordshire, England – PostGradCert MedEd
- 2007 – 2009: Queen Mary University, London, England – PostGradDip AesthSurg
- 2004 – 2006: University College, London, England – MD
- 1991 – 1996: University of Cambridge (Jesus College), England – MB ChB, MA (Cantab)
- 1984 – 1991: Methodist College, Belfast, Northern Ireland – A’ levels
- G.M.C. (4369705) full UK specialist registration with a licence to practise : registered since 2012
- RCSE (Royal College of Surgeons of England) member since 2001
- BAPRAS (Brit.Assoc.Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesth. Plastic Surgeons) member since 2014
- BAAPS (British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) member since 2015
- BAHNO (British Association of Head & Neck Oncologists) member since 2015
- BLS (British Lymphology Society) member since 2016
- RSE (Rhinoplasty Society of Europe) member since 2015
- BMA (British Medical Assoc.) member since 1997
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals Trust employed since 2013
PLASTIC SURGERY EMPLOYMENT
Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals and Royal Berkshire Foundation Trust
- Consultant appointment in major plastic surgery and Head & Neck surgery centres
- Including peripheral commitment to Royal Berkshire Hospital 2013-2018
- Regular on-call commitment in a major trauma centre
- Liaison between Plastic Surgery and Clinical Coding departments
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon in private Practice
- Private Aesthetic surgery practice
- bases in Oxford, Reading and London
- Wide range of aesthetic surgery undertaken
- Patient reported outcomes and online reviews a core part of reflective practice
Consultant Plastic Microsurgeon, Oxford Lymphoedema Practice
- Private Lymphatic surgery practice based in Oxford – www.olp. surgery
PLASTIC SURGERY TRAINING
- International Head & Neck Cancer Fellow, Sydney, Australia 2012-2013
- Mentor International Aesthetic Fellowship, London, 2012
- National Interface Fellowship: Reconstructive Aesthetic Surgery, 2011
- Plastic Surgery Specialist Registrar, East of England Deanery 2006-2011
- Surgical Research Fellow, R.A.F.T. (University of London) 2004-2005
- Plastic & General Surgery basic training, UK & Australia, 1997-2003
“Supraclavicular flap repair in the free flap era” – Trautman J., Gore S.M.., Potter M., Clark J., Hyam D., Ngo Q., Ashford B. ANZ J Surg 2018 Mar; 88: 540–546
“Sentinel lymph node biopsy for external ear melanoma: A 17 year experience with long term survival data” – Harrison C., Mikhail M., Potter M., Gore S.M, Cassell O. JPRAS September 2017 Sept; 70 (9); 1301–1303
“Postoperative washing of sutured wounds” – Harrison C., Wade C., Gore S.M., Annals Med Surg 2016 Nov; 11: 36–38.
“Social perception of morbidity in facial nerve paralysis” – Li M., Gore S.M., Niles N., Ebrahimi A., McGuiness J., Clark J.C., Head & Neck 2016 August, 38(8); 1158–1163
“Prospective study of sentinel node biopsy for high risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck” – Gore S.M., Shaw D., Martin R., Kelder W., Roth K., Uren R., Gao K., Davies S., Ashford B., Shannon K., Clark J., Head & Neck, 2016 April, 38(S1); E884–E889
“Scapular Tip Chimeric Free Flap Reconstruction of Extensive Anterior Skull Base Tumors” – Mykula R., Silva P., Gore S., Jeyaretna S., Potter M., J Neurol Surg 2016 May, 77(S02), FP-06-03
“Head and neck multidisciplinary team meetings: Effect on patient management” – Brunner M., Gore S.M., Read R.L., Alexander A., Mehta A., Boyer M., Clark J.R., Head and Neck, 2015 July; 37(7):1046–1050
“Concurrent chemoradiotherapy compared with surgery and adjuvant radiotherapy for oral cavity squamous cell carcinoma” – Gore S.M., Crombie A., Batstone M., Clark J. Head & Neck, 2015 April; 37(4):518–523
“Use of the Nasal Sidewall Island Inversion flap for single-stage ala nasi reconstruction – a report of 103 consecutive cases” – Tregaskiss A., Gore S.M., Allan J., Aldred R. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, 2014 February; 133 (2): 377–385
“Reconstructive Options for the Face”, Alexander A.J., Gore S.M., Clark J. in “Non-melanoma Skin Cancer of the Head and Neck”, editors Riffat, Palme & Veness, Springer, 2015
“Options for configuring the scapular free-flap in maxillary, mandibular and calvarial reconstruction” – Hasan Z., Gore S.M., Ch’ng S., Ashford B., Clark J. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, 2013 Sep; 132(3):645–655
“Central breast excision with immediate autologous reconstruction for recurrent periductal sepsis: an application of oncoplastic surgical techniques” – Gore S.M., Wishart G.C., Malata C.M. Eplasty. 2012;12:e34.
“Use of PERTHESE implant-identical cohesive-gel sizers in breast augmentation: a prospective study of 200 consecutive cases and implications for treatment of breast asymmetry” – Gore S.M., Lamberty B.G.H. Aesthetic Surgery Journal, 2012 March; 32:310-318.
“Ultrasound diagnosis of breast implant rupture: beware the atypical presentation and interpret with care” – Davis M.J., Gore S.M., Papanastasiou S. European Journal of Plastic Surgery, 2010 June.
“Bilateral Trigger Finger in a 7-Year-Old After a Viral Infection” – Sharma P.R., Gore S.M., Schreuder F.B. Journal of Hand Surgery, 2010; 35A: 1334 –1335..
“Neuronal differentiation in basal cell carcinoma: possible relationship to Hedgehog pathway activation” – Gore S.M., Kasper M., Williams T., Regl G., Aberger F., Cerio R., Neill G., Philpott M., Journal of Pathology, 2009 Sep; 219(1):61-8.
“Avulsion fracture of the olecranon following thermal injury” – Gore S.M., Dziewulski P. Burns 2009 Jul; doi:10.1016/j.burns.2009.07.003
“Hypafix vs. Mefix” – Patel N., Gore S.M., Shelley O. Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, 2009 Mar; 62(3):351
“Leadership – who is it for?” – Gore S.M., Dziewulski P., British Medical Journal, 2008 Oct; (http://careers.bmj.com/careers/advice/view-rapid-responses. html?id=3081)
“Chest wall reconstruction using a turbocharged chimaeric anterolateral thigh flap” – Gore S.M., Akhavani M., Kang N., Chana J. Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. 2008 Apr; 61(4):438-41
“A method for optimizing nailbed matrix excision” – Gore S.M., Skillman J., Sabbagh W. Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume), 2007 Aug; 32E: 4: 450–451.
“Chest wall reconstruction using a prolene hydroxyapatite paste sandwich” – Akhavani M., Gore S., Kang N. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2007 Feb; 119(2):761-2
“In vitro modelling of basal cell carcinoma” – Gore S.M., Kasper M., Williams T., Regl G., Grover R., Aberger F., Cerio R., Neill G., Philpott M. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, 2006 Sep; 59 (9):S1-2
“Mirror ear: a reconstructive technique for substantial tragal anomalies or polyotia” – Gore S.M., Myers S., Gault D. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, 2005 May; 59 (5) p499.
“Acinetobacter promotes Glucose Intolerance in burns patients” – Furniss D., Gore S., Myers S.,
Azadian B. Journal of Burn Care and Rehabilitation, 2005 Sep; 26 (5) p405.