How do I arrange a consultation with Mr. Gore?
What happens at my consultation?
How do I book my surgery?
Can I take the contraceptive pill at the time of surgery?
Does COVID-19 affect having aesthetic surgery?
I don’t like the idea of general anaesthesia. Can I have my operation under sedation?
How is payment for surgery made?
Do I need to stay overnight in hospital after surgery?
On the day of surgery
After your surgery
What happens when I am discharged from hospital after surgery?
Will I have much pain and discomfort after my operation?
Will I need drains after my operation?
How can I get in touch with Mr. Gore before or after my operation?
Can I drive after my surgery?
Do I need to stay in bed when I get home?
Will I need physiotherapy after my surgery?
Will I need to change my exercise regime?
How soon can I fly after my operation?
Longer term follow-up
Assessing outcomes – PROMs
What scars can I expect from my breast reduction surgery?
Is there any breast cancer risk in aesthetic breast surgery?
Are there any risks associated with breast implants?
What is BIA-ALCL?
What is Breast Implant Illness?
What is capsular contracture?
Which breast implants are best for me?
- Implant volume – breast size increase desired
- Implant shape – round or tear-drop (anatomical)
- Surgical plane - above or (partially) below the pectoral muscle
- Implant surface – smooth / textured / polyurethane-coated
- Implant fill – saline / cohesive gel / lightweight gel
- Surgical access - scar under the breast or other